Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gratitude Day 6 - Grateful for Choice

Election Day. Finally, it's here and all the direct mail, radio ads, tv ads and signs will be gone tomorrow. Well, maybe there will be lingering signs. 

So today I am grateful that I live in a nation where you have the right to vote and choose who YOU believe in. And for the most part you aren't condemned for making your choice. You might have to put up with some verbal abuse but at least there aren't men running through the streets with machetes trying to sway your vote or kill you, or something. 

I'm also grateful that if there is an ad I have the choice to listen to it or change the station. I'm grateful that if someone is verbally condemning me for my choice in this election, I can choose to simply walk away instead of engage in a pointless argument.

I'm so grateful that I have awareness that leads me to choose compassion and understanding instead of hate and judgement. And I'm grateful that no matter the outcome of the election, I still live in a better place than pretty much the rest of the world.

No comments: