Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 7 - Fruit























So if I had been on top of my game this morning I would have taken today's photo when I was filling the blender up with berries making my morning smoothie. But no, I was tired and out of it. So my fruit photo is of my favorite popsicle, Edy's Fruit Bars Pomegranate flavor. Yummmmmm...

A funny little story behind this. Two years ago when I discovered these amazing popsicles Shawn noticed that I would leave the stick behind, wherever I happened to be when I finished it. Kitchen table usually. So when he mentioned one day that I never threw them away I was like huh? Really? Well then maybe those sticks need something done with them.

So if I remember, I took a stick and left it under the windshield wiper of his van. He got a good laugh out of that and the stick is still in his van. Then I took a stick and drew a stick man on it, and popsicle stick man was born. And left it on his keyboard in his office. Snicker:) And he loved it. The first popsicle stick man sits on his desk.

Then I took another stick and drew a stick man on it, maybe with long hair and put it in his guitar case to find when he went to a gig. I'm trying hard not to laugh now. And I do believe that popsicle stick man is still around.

And most recently I drew a stick man on a popsicle stick making the rock symbol with one of his hands and left it in his gig bag to find at another gig. And now Shawn has a collection of popsicle sticks, i.e. trash, that he can't throw away!

So as I sit here and look at my popsicle stick from my just finished treat I'm wondering what's the next step in popsicle stick man's life:)

2 comments:

Kimberly June said...

That looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color. I am sure it was good.