Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not an Early Riser























Here's a view of the sun rising from our kitchen window. This is obviously not the most engaging photo but it's what I was present with this morning. Ugh, I do not like getting up early. But in order to do 40 days of yoga asana, I'm gonna have to do it early in the morning at least 3 days a week.

Now, it was about 6:50am when I took this. So I know there are people that are like, early, please, that's sleeping in for me. And I admire those people for being able to get up when it's still the middle of the night. But I struggle to get out of bed when 1. it's still pitch dark outside 2. add to that the butt ass cold and 3. I tossed and turned nearly all night. That combination doesn't not make me want to bound out of bed ready to greet the day and all that it has to offer.

But I did it. I got my ass out of bed and then went and did some restorative yoga. That's when you pretty much lay on the floor the whole time! But restorative yoga is just that restoring. And you don't sleep. When I was done about an hour later, I felt way more alive and awake. And by then the sun was up.

No comments: