Monday, July 5, 2010

What's In My Bag?

I saw this post over at Indy Girl and thought it would be fun to do. I came across her blog not too long ago when I was logging into mine and hers was listed as a blog of note. Anyway, here's what's in my bag. And on top of that, here's some insight to who I am.



















The bag is a Sak bag which I love and I won it! I like the style of it. Since I have to carry a purse because the crap you are about to see needs some mode of transportation, I prefer to go with simple more messenger style bags. This one isn't quite like that but close enough. I don't care for a ton of pockets and straps and stuff. Note kitty who had to be up in my business while I was trying to do this. At one point he was rolling around in the middle of everything. And his moniker is ... Leonard T. Kat.




















Next is all the crap puked out of the bag. Every now and then, well, more often than not, when I'm trying to find something that I know is in there, I will dump the entire contents out so I can find whatever I'm looking for. This is what that looks like. My left brain is screaming for some sort of order to this but I can't seem to figure anything out. Or actually my right brain is just like, relax, it's all good and out of chaos comes, well something.

Here's the insight ... I'm an artist with a strong left brain. Typically artists are very right brained people random, intuitive, fluid. Which I can be. But the left side of my brain wants the order and structure. The bag and it's contents are a small look at what the rest of me is like. My desk, my house, etc... I crave order and structure but somehow can't seem to find it 100%. I try to be organized but chaos ultimately rules. However, I'm very logical and analytical at the same time. My archives of files are very structured. The way I name files. Things like that. But I'm a Gemini, the Twins, two total opposites in one. That's me!




























But back to the bag. So we've got a wallet, a checkbook (which usually isn't in the bag) and a change purse. The change purse is in there because change would just fall out of the wallet and make an even bigger mess in the bottom of the bag.


















Then there's some jewelry. Worn to work but had to be taken off after work. I usually put jewelry in the zippered pouch so it gets some protection. And of course, kitty up in my business.


















Here is the crystal that I've carried with me for quite some time. I can't even remember how long. Possibly as long as 10 years. Maybe longer. It's there for energy, intuition and wisdom.

















Then we have lip balm, Burts Bees, which is awesome. I've never been a chapstick person. Didn't care for the waxiness and texture but this is way better than chapstick. It was purchased to take the place of the vaseline style lip stuff that's been empty since February. Why is it still in the bag? I have no idea, but it's not anymore.

There's a lipstick and a sparkly lip tint. Hand sanitizer, ibuprofen, vitamins and the solid colognes. Those are the bomb. Pacifica Thai Lemongrass and Egyptian Bergamot Rose. Mmmm ... I love these.
















And finally, random receipts, which for some reason cats love to play with. I think it's the crunchy paper noise they make. And my work badge (note the dork look:) and a flash drive. There you have it. On any given day there might be more crap crammed in there. Sunglasses, ipod, ipod cord, etc... But that's what was in it today.
















So, what's in your bag?

1 comment:

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

I will post inside my bag next week when my mom gives me a new purse I picked out for my birthday. :-)