Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yummy*




















Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yummy Persian food. Tonight's dinner. Shawn and I are both half Persian so a few years ago I decided I needed to really learn how to make Persian food, especially the coveted tadeegh. Tadeegh is the crunchy rice that "fries" at the bottom of the pan of spices, rice, vegetables and meat. At a table of Persians the tadeegh goes fast. If you cook it too much it burns and if you don't cook it long enough, well you don't have any tadeegh. I am officially Master of the Tadeegh.

Grace for tonight's dinner was ...

"Let us be present with our yummy Persian meal,
savoring its flavors,
the crunchiness of the tadeegh,
the organic wine without sulfites,
and its wholesomeness and nutrition."

We were totally present.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy. I want some