Sunday, January 25, 2009

Anti-Zen*

















This is my desk at home. It is a complete disaster area, total anti-zen. It's a mess, chaotic, disorganized, trashed. There are jewelry supplies, yoga books, freelance files, a box of stuff to be filed, and on and on. And that doesn't even count the disaster of a desktop on the Mac. The one and only positive thing is that the computer is backed up.

I don't know why I can't seem to find a good system or work flow. I've tried reorganizing, moving stuff around, different systems and nothing seems to work. It stays organized for maybe a month and then somehow all of my hobbies and side work puke all over the desk. I know my nature tends to be a bit on the unorganized and chaotic side but this is just out of control.

I seriously need at least a week off from work to organize it. When I get home in the evening I'm just plain tired of sitting at a desk doing stuff. Weekends have been booked lately. And on top of that the whole prospect is just overwhelming. Then from that overwhelm, I become paralyzed.

So, I'm putting it out to the universe... I need help organizing this mess. I need a system. Universe, please send me some guidance and wisdom. Please help me take this total anti-zen mess and turn it into a beautifully zen work place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of desk drawers dedicated to junk. I just jam stuff in there and it is out of site. I also put books in a closet out of site. I think the disorder is allowed as long as you cannot see it on a regular basis.

MH

Shining Lotus said...

Oh there's plenty of jammed drawers and closets. Is it because of our parents? I mean certainly you've noticed pops' desk, room, etc...