Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After*






































It's the day after Christmas, so now what? It's like there's this manic race to do everything and get everything done. Parties, food to make, food to eat, go here, rush there, buy, ship, sugar, booze, late nights, etc .... And we had a blizzard thrown into the mix, so then there was shoveling and unprecedented traffic the week leading up to Christmas. And, I turned down several invitations to events trying to keep in mind I don't have to do everything. But still, this day after Christmas I was worn out. I had just enough energy to sit and watch Lucy play with her new toy. There's got to be a better way to enjoy this season at a slower pace. I thought I was doing pretty good with it but my lack of energy and motivation tells me a lot. Time to get grounded, centered and restored.

No comments: