Sunday, July 5, 2009

Embracing the Imperfections*
















I'm almost over the bad photography experience from the other night. Almost:)

Another lesson I learned from the whole experience is to practice what I preach. You know, things I'm ALWAYS telling other people to do, like let go, don't be attached, embrace the imperfections. It's hard to practice what you preach but ultimately I really have no choice.

So in working on the photos from the other night, I'm embracing the imperfections. Yeah, they might be blurry or parts just completely burnt out but if I can find one cool thing about each photo in spite of its imperfections then I'm on my way. The cool thing about this photo is that all of the guys are in the photo and it's a pretty cool angle.

I could be saying to myself (and maybe I am still, just a little) but if only it was ... something else. But it's not and I can't change that. So I'm letting go, unattaching and embracing the imperfections.

No comments: