Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Day*
















Sun rising on a Monday morning


Yesterday, Sunday, was a total wasted day. An unplanned wasted day. I had a hangover coupled with a severe migraine, rendering me totally useless for the ENTIRE DAY. I absolutely hate that. The hangover probably would have been mild enough so that I could at least get something done, but the migraine took care of the rest. I could barely watch tv. So yesterday, there were no photos, there was no getting on the internet, there was nothing but laying around, miserable at that. The only consolation was that it was cloudy and overcast, so at least I wasn't missing a gorgeous day.

The one the thing I was able to be present with was Lucy. She hung out close to me for pretty much the entire day, sleeping with me on the bed and couch. Good things cats sleep for like 18 hours a day.

But today is a new day. It's time to step onto the yoga mat to get grounded and awakened. Yeah, I lost an entire day but it's gone now and grousing about it won't bring it back. But knowing how much I dislike when that happens will lead my decisions from now on. It's time to be mindful of what I'm doing, knowing that another glass of wine is in no way worth an entire day.

No comments: