Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tedious*













This is what I've been doing all day, for the last 11 hours. A very boring, tedious, dry layout of charts and tables. On a Saturday. But alas, I knew it was coming. It's a freelance job I picked up that while extremely boring and uncreative it pays very, very well.

In design school they never tell you that some people actually consider this design work. In design school you get to design cd artwork, museum publications, cool posters. Never boring ass charts and tables. But people pay me well to layout their boring ass charts and tables. So I take the jobs.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, and I kind of am, but really I am grateful to even have this opportunity. Some people don't even have ANY opportunities for work and I have not only a great full time job but on-going, multiple opportunities for side work. Sometimes my side work is way cool sometimes it's not. But I'm very thankful for all of it.

And on top of that, this job will be completely finished in less than 2 weeks. By the time I get that sweet, fat check I will have completely forgotten that I spent an entire day of precious free time doing it.

So I'm thankful for the opportunity, I'm thankful for the sweet cash that will come, I'm thankful for the skills I have, I'm thankful for my awesome MacBook and I'm thankful for the glass of wine that is waiting for me right now.

No comments: